Some of you guys might’ve seen me make these dee-lish watermelon margaritas on my IGTV last week (if you didn’t, make sure to follow me for tons more fun videos there coming soon). I really wasn’t kidding when I said it’s the yummiest cocktail I’ve ever made – so good that even Mackenzie made it all by himself the following week. It’s perfectly tart and not too sweet – great for using up the last of your Summer watermelon before it goes out of season.
And did I mention it’s super easy to make? I found the recipe on Pinterest but decided to put my own little spin on it, by turning it into a slushy, blended margarita instead. Our air conditioner had broken that weekend, so we were in desperate need of an extra cool down. Scroll down for the recipe, and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram if you try them yourself – I’ll give you a shoutout on my stories!
8 cups seedless watermelon, cubed
1.5 cups tequila
1 cup triple sec
1/2 cup lime juice
1-2 jalapeños, thinly sliced (we used 2, but we like it spicy!)
1. Puree the watermelon in a strong blender until smooth (my Vitamix worked perfectly)
2. Pour through a fine mesh strainer into a bowl
3. Combine the remaining ingredients and chill for about an hour (keep in mind that the longer you chill everything, the spicier the cocktails will be)
4. Strain the mixture again into your blender, reserving the jalapeños for garnish
5. Add desired amount of ice (at least 2-3 cups) and blend until smooth
6. Salt your glasses, pour the cocktails and garnish with jalapeño and lime slices